Autistic Minds is a registered charity (1143855) and was founded in September 2010 (Charity operated as The Autism Directory from Sept 2010 to June 2021) by our CEO Nadine Honeybone in response to the lack of information on services available for autistic children and adults.
We remain firm in our belief that everyone deserves the opportunity to create a better and more independent life for themselves, and with the right support and resources, this can be achieved. This is where most of our energy goes and what we strive to do every working day. Since its inception in 2010, Autistic Minds has grown to a team of 26 staff (as of May 2021), 60% of whom are autistic.
Together, our small and unique team delivers a range of charitable ventures and quality national services across Wales. Our projects currently include:
- The Autism Directory: our flagship online directory of autism-related services and products
- Autistic Minds HelpHub: an autism helpline managed by our autistic staff
- Autistic Minds Live Shows in Cardiff and Llandudno
- Autism Awareness Community Talks
- Employment training programmes for autistic adults
- The Autistic Minds Caerphilly Community Hub
We believe that anyone that needs help and support should be able to access it and so all of our services are designed to be easily accessible. We do not restrict who can access support and a diagnosis of autism is not required to be able to begin your journey with us.
We support the autistic community in a truly unique way because we ARE the autistic community
Read our Impact Report
For a summary of what we’ve been doing this past year and how it has supported the community, you can download and read our latest Impact Report HEREDownload report